This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to Phone Swipe, LLC ("Company", "We" or “Us”) and/or when you visit the website PhoneSwipe.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- When you sign up with US or use our PhoneSwipe.com Website, mobile applications, products, and services (collectively, the "Services"); or when you otherwise interact with us.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you make a payment through our Services, even if you have not signed up for a Phone Swipe account or downloaded one of our applications.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What We Collect
When you visit the Website, We collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our Website.
When you create an account, We collect the following types of information from you:
- Owner information - owner name, date of birth, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Business Information - business name, business address, industry, Federal Tax ID number (if applicable), and other similar information.
When you use or access your Phone Swipe account, We may collect additional information, including:
- Bank account and payment card numbers to enable settlement, other relevant information about the financial institutions you use to conduct business.
- The location and other details related to your account transactions, including information about your device.
Before permitting you to use our Services, We may require you to provide additional information We can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your complete social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
In order to perform to its specifications, the Services may regularly communicate with our hardware/software/servers during the normal course of operation and such hardware/software/servers will retrieve, process, transmit and store data and content from the Services and the devices which the Services are loaded onto. In addition, the Services may automatically send us crash reports from your device.
As part of your usage of Our Services, we may provide you the opportunity to share information about Our Services automatically with your contacts. This may include offering contact importer tools to facilitate adding to your contacts (including Facebook Friends and contacts in your address book) so that you can more readily communicate with your contacts about the Services. If we do this, we will ask for you permission at such time.
We and our contractors may track, collect and report aggregate data regarding user activity, Service usage or Web Site usage (via analytics software or otherwise) and We may use this data for commercial purposes, but we shall not share any personally identifiable information except as expressly specified herein or in the merchant agreement.
We and our contractors may collect and use technical data and information about our user’s device and the system and application software incorporated on the device, to facilitate the provision of software updates, Service support and other services to Our customer (if any) related to the Services. We may use this information freely, including to improve its offerings or to provide services.
We may keep track of and store in log files some of the activities you participate in while using the Web Site. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. When you access the Web Site from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and . Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), pages visited, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Finally, We may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here, such as: For example, We may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that both meet and exceed applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We do not sell or rent your personal information with anyone for promotional or marketing purposes. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that allow us to process your transactions that we partner with to jointly create and offer products or services.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Copyrights And Trademarks
All graphics, text, designs, content and site structure provided on the Website are owned by or licensed to Phone Swipe, and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. The content may not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed without Phone Swipe’s prior written consent. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and graphics identifying Phone Swipe and Phone Swipe’s services (the "Marks") are owned by or licensed to Phone Swipe. The Marks or content shall not be used without Phone Swipe’s prior written consent and is prohibited.
©2015, Phone Swipe. All rights reserved.
How To Contact Us
If you have questions about OUR collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us at:
Phone Swipe, LLC.
Attn: Legal Department
250 Stephenson Highway
Troy, MI 48083